OUR LADY IN THE FIELD
The Church of Our Lady in the Field lies in the beautiful Field of Čara on the way to the Zavalatica bay. It was built in 1329 and reconstructed in the 17th century. A young shepherdess from Čara had a vision of the Our Lady in the bay of Čavića Luka on July the 25th, 1686.
Christians from all over the island go on pilgrimage to this church during two Catholic feasts: July 25th, the feast of Saint Jacob the protector of Čara, and the feast of Mala Gospa, on September 8th.